- Upcoming: Intellectual Property Issues in Artificial Intelligence, July 25, 2018, Lewis Brisbois Webinar.
- Upcoming: Google and Amazon – A Detailed Look at How Tech Giants Protect Their Trade Secrets, State Bar of Texas Annual Meeting, June 22, 2018.
- Maintaining Your Company’s Competitive Edge: Litigation Lessons from 2017, Association of Corporate Counsel, DFW Chapter, Annual In-House Symposium, April 27, 2018.
- Obtaining Evidence from Social Media and Mobile Devices, February 2018, Lewis Brisbois Associate Training.
- Author, 2017 Texas Employment Law Update, Lewis Brisbois Bisgaard & Smith LLP Client Alert, November 15, 2017.
- Speaker, “Everything You Wanted to Know About Employment Agreements But Did not Know to Ask,” Young Professionals in Energy, Dallas Chapter, November 14, 2017.
- Co-Speaker, “Best Practices with Trade Secrets Protection and Litigation: A Primer for General Counsel,” Lewis Brisbois Bisgaard & Smith LLP Client Webinar, October 25, 2017.
- Author, “Texas Employers’ Guide to Classifying Workers,” Lewis Brisbois Bisgaard & Smith LLP Client Alert, October 3, 2017.
- Author, “2017 in Review: Changes to Non-Compete Laws Around the Country,” Lewis Brisbois Bisgaard & Smith LLP Client Alert, September 25, 2017.
- Author, “Federal Government Warns That Anti-Poaching and Wage-Fixing Agreements May Violate Antitrust Laws. What Does that Mean for US Companies?” Lewis Brisbois Bisgaard & Smith LLP Client Alert, September 18, 2017.
- Author, “Major Questions that the DTSA Brings,” Today’s General Counsel (June/July 2017)
- Co-Speaker with Bradford Adatto: Competitive Advantage: Using Corporate & IP Counsels to Creatively Navigate Corporate & IP Pitfalls in a Family Law Setting, Texas Bar Association Family Law Section Annual Meeting, June 22, 2017 (to register, click here)
- Speaker, One Year of Defend Trade Secrets Act Litigation (webcast), Texas Bar CLE, May 16, 2017 (to watch the webcast, click here)
- Author, “How to Fire Employees Without Being Sued,” Dallas Medical Journal (May 2017)
- Speaker, The Do’s and Don’ts of Firing Employees for Social Media Misbehavior, Dallas Bar Association, North Dallas Clinic, May 12, 2017 (more information here)
- Speaker, Commission Pay for Employees: Structuring Agreements and Defending Claims Absent a Contract (March 7, 2017).
- Guest Expert, “Brokers Try to Protect Client Relationships,” Business Insurance (December 2016)
- “Houston pilot alleges discrimination at United Airlines,” Houston Chronicle 9/15/16
- Author, “Ethical Concerns in Ex Parte Communications with Adverse Employer’s Employees,” American Bar Association (Fall 2016)
- Author, “Federal DTSA: A New Avenue for Trade Secret Enforcement,”Dallas Bar Association Headnotes (October 2016)
- Workplace Harassment Training Seminar (September 2016)
- Guest Expert, “First Amendment Protects Public Workers’ Rights for Perceived Protected Activity,” Westlaw Journal Employment (May 2016)
- Guest Expert, Phil Hullet and Friends Show podcast, “Perception of Discrimination” (Los Angeles, 2016) (at 54th minute)
- Guest Expert, Legally Sound/Smart Business podcast,”Texas Gym Tests the Limits of Unfair Competition” (Houston 2016)
- Speaker, “Electronic Discovery, Including Social Media, Preservation and Sanctions,” Dallas Bar Association, Business Litigation Section,(May 6, 2016)
- Guest Expert, “After Scalia’s Death, Outlook Unclear for Some Employment Cases,” Westlaw Employment Journal (March 2016)
- Co-Author, “The Days of Spilling Trade Secrets in Litigation Could be Numbered,” Texas Lawyer (March 3, 2016)
- Guest Expert, “Supreme Court to Consider if Cop’s Demotion Violated First Amendment,” Westlaw Employment Journal (February 2016)
- Guest Expert, “Employers Walk a Fine Line in Accommodating Alcoholic Workers,” Business Insurance (January 2016)
- Author, “Texas Uniform Trade Secrets Act…Where Are We Now?,” News for the Bar – Texas State Bar Litigation Section (Winter 2016)
- Speaker, “Forum Selection…Choice of Law…and a Tale of Stipulations,” UT CLE Non-Compete Camp discussion – Dallas, Texas (2015)
- Author, “Nuts and Bolts of Employment Litigation for General Practitioner,” News For the Bar – Texas State Bar Litigation Section (Fall 2015).
- Speaker, “Using Corporate Counsel to Creatively Navigate Corporate Structures,” Annette Stewart Inn of Court, Dallas, Texas (2015)
- “North Texas Woman Cannot Get Unemployment Benefits Due to Sickness,” Fox 4 News, 4/6/15
If you would like for me to speak at your company or conference on the topic of employment law, trade secrets, non-compete agreements or other relate topics, call (214) 722-7108, email Leiza.Dolghih@LewisBrisbois.com or fill out the form below: