If you would like for me to speak at your company or at a conference on the topics of employment law, trade secrets, non-compete agreements or other related topics, call (214) 722-7108, email Leiza.Dolghih@LewisBrisbois.com or fill out the form at the bottom of this page.
- UPCOMING: “Warning! Proceed with Caution – Artificial Intelligence Ahead!” The HR Southwest Conference, October 29, 2019 (registration here).
- UPCOMING: “Warning! Proceed with Caution – Artificial Intelligence Ahead!” Global HR Conference, September 11, 2019 (registration here).
- Author, “In a historic move, Washington State bans noncompetes for employees making less than $100,000” Lewis Brisbois Bisgaard & Smith LLP Client Alert, May 10, 2019.
- Co-Presenter,”To Accommodate or Not to Accommodate? Americans with Disabilities Act Update,” Association of Corporate Counsel Annual Symposium, April 26, 2019.
- Author, “Garden Leave Provisions: Negotiation, Drafting, and Legal Issues,” a Lexis Practice Advisor Note, April 2019.
- Co-Presenter, “Your Best Ideas: Should You Patent Them or Keep Them as Trade Secrets?”, Dallas Startup Week, April 4, 2019.
- Author, “Texas Introduces Three Bills to Curb Application of Anti-Slapp Statute in Non-Compete and Trade Secrets Litigation,” Lewis Brisbois Bisgaard & smith LLP Client Alert, March 14, 2019.
- The Role of HR in Protecting Company Trade Secrets, Dallas HR Legal Exchange, February 12, 2019.
- Co-Presenter, “The Blame Game – When Temporary Workers are Involved, Who is Responsible?,” CLM Retail, Restaurant, and Hospitality Conference, Irving, Texas, February 7, 2019.
- Co-Presenter, “The Rise in Trade Secrets and Restrictive Covenants Litigation,” Advanced Employment Law Conference, Dallas, Texas, January 18, 2019.
- The Role of HR Professionals in Protecting Company Trade Secrets, HR Southwest Conference, October 16, 2018.
- The Rise in Trade Secrets and Non-Compete Litigation – What Does it Mean for Texas Employers?, 2018 Dallas Employment Law Breakfast Briefing, Fall 2018.
- Author, Massachusetts Adopts Uniform Trade Secrets Act, Lewis Brisbois Bisgaard & smith LLP Client Alert, September 17, 2018.
- The Role of HR Professionals in Protecting Company Trade Secrets, Dallas HR Summit, September 5, 2018.
- Ethics in Claims: Utilizing Social Media, LBBS Client Presentation, August 2018.
- Intellectual Property Considerations in Artificial Intelligence, July 25, 2018, Lewis Brisbois Bisgaard & Smith LLP Webinar.
- Author, Companies With No-Poaching Agreements Must Consider Whether They are Worth the Risk, Lewis Brisbois Bisgaard & Smith LLP Client Alert, July 24, 2018.
- Google and Amazon – A Detailed Look at How Tech Giants Protect Their Trade Secrets, State Bar of Texas Annual Meeting, June 22, 2018.
- The Challenges of Protecting Trade Secrets in the Oil & Gas Industry, June 20, 2018, Dallas Bar Association, Energy Law Section.
- Author, 2018 Mid-Year Non-Compete Update, Lewis Brisbois & Bisgaard & Smith LLP Client Alert, May 23, 2018.
- Maintaining Your Company’s Competitive Edge: Litigation Lessons from 2017, Association of Corporate Counsel, DFW Chapter, Annual In-House Symposium, April 27, 2018.
- Author, A Litigator’s Perspective of Physician Non-Competes – The Dos and Don’ts, March 21, 2018.
- Obtaining Evidence from Social Media and Mobile Devices, February 2018, Lewis Brisbois Associate Training.
- Author, 2017 Texas Employment Law Update, Lewis Brisbois Bisgaard & Smith LLP Client Alert, November 15, 2017.
- Speaker, “Everything You Wanted to Know About Employment Agreements But Did not Know to Ask,” Young Professionals in Energy, Dallas Chapter, November 14, 2017.
- Co-Speaker, “Best Practices with Trade Secrets Protection and Litigation: A Primer for General Counsel,” Lewis Brisbois Bisgaard & Smith LLP Client Webinar, October 25, 2017.
- Author, “Texas Employers’ Guide to Classifying Workers,” Lewis Brisbois Bisgaard & Smith LLP Client Alert, October 3, 2017.
- Author, “2017 in Review: Changes to Non-Compete Laws Around the Country,” Lewis Brisbois Bisgaard & Smith LLP Client Alert, September 25, 2017.
- Author, “Federal Government Warns That Anti-Poaching and Wage-Fixing Agreements May Violate Antitrust Laws. What Does that Mean for US Companies?” Lewis Brisbois Bisgaard & Smith LLP Client Alert, September 18, 2017.
- Author, “Major Questions that the DTSA Brings,” Today’s General Counsel (June/July 2017)
- Co-Speaker with Bradford Adatto: Competitive Advantage: Using Corporate & IP Counsels to Creatively Navigate Corporate & IP Pitfalls in a Family Law Setting, Texas Bar Association Family Law Section Annual Meeting, June 22, 2017 (to register, click here)
- Speaker, One Year of Defend Trade Secrets Act Litigation (webcast), Texas Bar CLE, May 16, 2017 (to watch the webcast, click here)
- Author, “How to Fire Employees Without Being Sued,” Dallas Medical Journal (May 2017)
- Speaker, The Do’s and Don’ts of Firing Employees for Social Media Misbehavior, Dallas Bar Association, North Dallas Clinic, May 12, 2017 (more information here)
- Speaker, Commission Pay for Employees: Structuring Agreements and Defending Claims Absent a Contract (March 7, 2017).
- Guest Expert, “Brokers Try to Protect Client Relationships,” Business Insurance (December 2016)
- “Houston pilot alleges discrimination at United Airlines,” Houston Chronicle 9/15/16
- Author, “Ethical Concerns in Ex Parte Communications with Adverse Employer’s Employees,” American Bar Association (Fall 2016)
- Author, “Federal DTSA: A New Avenue for Trade Secret Enforcement,”Dallas Bar Association Headnotes (October 2016)
- Workplace Harassment Training Seminar (September 2016)
- Guest Expert, “First Amendment Protects Public Workers’ Rights for Perceived Protected Activity,” Westlaw Journal Employment (May 2016)
- Guest Expert, Phil Hullet and Friends Show podcast, “Perception of Discrimination” (Los Angeles, 2016) (at 54th minute)
- Guest Expert, Legally Sound/Smart Business podcast,”Texas Gym Tests the Limits of Unfair Competition” (Houston 2016)
- Speaker, “Electronic Discovery, Including Social Media, Preservation and Sanctions,” Dallas Bar Association, Business Litigation Section,(May 6, 2016)
- Guest Expert, “After Scalia’s Death, Outlook Unclear for Some Employment Cases,” Westlaw Employment Journal (March 2016)
- Co-Author, “The Days of Spilling Trade Secrets in Litigation Could be Numbered,” Texas Lawyer (March 3, 2016)
- Guest Expert, “Supreme Court to Consider if Cop’s Demotion Violated First Amendment,” Westlaw Employment Journal (February 2016)
- Guest Expert, “Employers Walk a Fine Line in Accommodating Alcoholic Workers,” Business Insurance (January 2016)
- Author, “Texas Uniform Trade Secrets Act…Where Are We Now?,” News for the Bar – Texas State Bar Litigation Section (Winter 2016)
- Speaker, “Forum Selection…Choice of Law…and a Tale of Stipulations,” UT CLE Non-Compete Camp discussion – Dallas, Texas (2015)
- Author, “Nuts and Bolts of Employment Litigation for General Practitioner,” News For the Bar – Texas State Bar Litigation Section (Fall 2015).
- Speaker, “Using Corporate Counsel to Creatively Navigate Corporate Structures,” Annette Stewart Inn of Court, Dallas, Texas (2015)
- “North Texas Woman Cannot Get Unemployment Benefits Due to Sickness,” Fox 4 News, 4/6/15