Ms. Dolghih is a partner at Lewis Brisbois Bisgaard & Smith LLP, with a broad business and employment litigation practice. She is a Co-Chair of Lewis Brisbois’ Trade Secrets Practice Area, and is board certified in Labor and Employment by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization – a distinction earned by less than 8% of attorneys in Texas.
Selected to The Best Lawyers Under 40 in 2018 and The Best Lawyers in Dallas in 2017 by D Magazine, she has been representing clients in courtrooms all over Texas for over a decade in commercial and employment lawsuits.
Trade Secrets, Non-Compete and Unfair Competition
Ms. Dolghih has extensive experience representing companies and employees in lawsuits involving non-compete agreements, non-solicitation agreements, anti-raiding agreements and trade secrets misappropriation.
She has obtained temporary restraining orders and temporary and preliminary injunctions on behalf of companies, and has successfully fought such orders on behalf of employees, often leading to a quick resolution of lawsuits following the temporary injunction hearing. She has also litigated to verdict trade secrets disputes and is intimately familiar with claims, defenses, discovery challenges, and other unusual aspects of such lawsuits.
She currently serves on the Texas Uniform Trade Secrets Act Working Group of the State Bar of Texas Intellectual Property and Business Law Section, and as part of her work on that committee, helped draft the 2017 amendments to the Texas Uniform Trade Secrets Act.
In addition to trade secrets and non-compete litigation, Ms. Dolghih often represents companies in employment lawsuits involving:
- Breach of employment and commission agreements
- Negligent hiring, retention and supervision
- Executive compensation disputes
- Breach of commission agreements
- Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) violations
- Texas Commission on Human Rights Act (TCHRA) violations
- Texas Payday Law violations
- Title VII employment discrimination and retaliation claims
- Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) violations
- Pregnancy Discrimination Act (PDA) violations
- Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) violations
In addition to representing clients in the courtroom, Ms. Dolghih regularly advises employers with regards to:
- hiring and firing of employees
- proper classification of employees and independent contractors
- drafting and enforcement of employment and social media policies and handbooks
- drafting and enforcement of employment and independent contractor agreements
- investigation of discrimination and retaliation claims under Title VII
- Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) issues
- Pregnancy Discrimination Act (PDA) issues
- Department of Labor (DOL), Texas Workforce Commission (TWC), and Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) investigations
Ms. Dolghih has broad commercial litigation experience in both federal and state courts and has defended and prosecuted claims of breach of contract, fraud, breach of fiduciary duty, business disparagement, and other commercial disputes between individuals and companies.
Ms. Dolghih is a native Russian speaker (говорю по русски) and is conversational in Spanish.
DISCLAIMER: The contents of this website are for information purposes only. Nothing here is to be construed as legal advice or a solicitation for legal representation. If you have any questions, contact Leiza Dolghih at Leiza.Dolghih@LewisBrisbois.com.
No attorney-client relationship is assumed or formed until a signed contract and retainer fee is received by Lewis Brisbois.
The opinions and articles contained in this website are not guaranteed to be accurate according to the law, and the site is not updated to reflect developments or changes in the law. Laws change frequently, so to obtain up-to-date information on the current state of the law, contact an attorney.
The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views of Lewis Brisbois.
If you need help with noncompete agreements, nonsolicitation agreements, trade secret misappropriation or any employment issues, do not hesitate to contact me using the form below, or call the office at (214) 722-7108. You can also email me at Leiza.Dolghih@lewisbrisbois.com.
Address: 2100 Ross Avenue, Suite 2000, Dallas, Texas 75201
Phone: (214) 722-7108
Or fill out the form below: